Wednesday, April 10, 2013

We Real Cool

Gwendolyn Brooks is the author of one of the poems we read in class called, "We Real Cool".  This poem is about teenagers making bad decisions skipping school, partying and such. It's basically describing most teenagers these days. I think it also shows the meaning to slow down, and not live the "fast life" I like this poem because it's short, simple, and gets to the point, plus it has rhyme to it where as some poems do not.  I also like the fact that it's very literal and you can convey exactly what  the poem means and what she's trying to say. A link to watch Gwendolyn recite her poem. I love her voice!

3 comments:

  1. I liked how easy to understand this poem was too. It is one of the few poems that I have not needed someone to explain to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its funny that you say that the poem is very literal and is very easy to pull meaning from but then you said that is portrays how we shouldnt live in the "fast life". I never wouldve thought about that when reading the poem so i think its cool that you got that from her poem. I also liked the poem and how simple it was. Simplicity is sometimes the key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree I usually dislike reading poems, but just like you said it gets straight to the point. I loved her message behind the poem because she targeted a specific group of individuals such as teenagers and told them to slow down and not get too crazy.

    ReplyDelete