Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Fish

The Poem The Fish was one I actually really enjoyed reading. I think it made you feel what the narrator was feeling. It's about a fisher-women who's been fishing and catches as she calls it a "tremendous fish". She describes the fish into every little detail, down to even his speckles. You can eventually tell her compassion for the fish when she says "The frightened gills, fresh and crisp with blood, That I cut so badly". Also you get a sense of her feelings when she tries to look the fish in the eye. I think the poem was trying to show the dominance humans have over animals. She eventually goes to explain that she see's the five or four old pieces of fish line and the hooks that have been in the fish throughout time. That show's his fight and how he got away from being killed. I think then, the narrator's compassion is at a high point for the fish. All in all she lets him go in the end. Makes me happy that she didn't kill him :) Fishy's have feelings too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment